MASTERS MARATHON PROGRAM
TRAIN WITH OTHER MASTERS RUNNERS IN SOCAL
Included in the 16-week training plan:
- Initial assessment where we review your fitness and recent running as a basis for your training plan
- Customized training schedule (built for you, around your schedule and preferred running locations) with detailed descriptions of each workout's paces, distance, and duration.
- If you prefer, your training schedule will be on a 9-day microcycle similar to the plan adopted by Meb Keflezighi in training for his 2014 Boston Marathon victory.
- If you are in southern California, once a month run with Coach Kevin and other runners in the program.
- Automatic GPS posting of your training log in your personal portal via GarminConnect, MapMyRun or Strava.
- Two-way communication via training-log comments with tuning of online workout schedule and as needed.
- Monthly phone call/check-in initiated by athlete.
- Additional access to Coach via email and text.
- Form analysis (follow our simple instructions for taking a video of yourself running at race pace and send it to us) to achieve more efficient running form tuned for your chosen BQ race venue (a $100 value).
- Runner-specific stretching and strength training tips to help you develop more efficient running techniques and avoid injury.
- Cross training suggestions focused on greater speed and strength with lower impact and stress.
- Fueling and hydration recommendations for best training and racing.
- If required, injury advice and modification of training regiment for rapid recovery and most effective maintenance of conditioning already attained.
This program does not include registration fees for the preparatory races we'll have you run every 4 weeks to gauge your progress or for your marathon itself.