INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING FOR WOMEN RUN LA
All runners of the WomenRunLA 5K, 10K and half-marathon can use our written training plans for free (check here to download).
But for individualized training tailored for all genders, abilities and ages, consider signing up for WomenRunLA's added-value training. You'll received coaching and advice whether you're local to Los Angeles or coming in from out-of-town for the race.
All runners receive interactive 5K, 10K or half-marathon coaching. Those within range of the great roads and trails in Los Angeles also get face-time with Coach Kevin during his weekly long run in preparation for the 2019 WomenRunLA event.
The aim is successful completion of your distance of choice at a realistic stretch-goal time, based on your running history, schedule, and ultimate fitness goals. We'll help you run your best.
All group participants receive:
- Review of your running history to establish your best target time and appropriate training paces.
- Customized training calendar in a personal online portal that supports two-way communication with Coach Kevin.
- Calendar is built around your schedule (and can include maps to the most suitable running routes near you if you ask) with detailed descriptions of each workout's paces, distance, and duration.
- Automatic GPS updates of your training log in your personal portal via GarminConnect, MapMyRun or Strava.
- Pairing with runners of similar ability to support each other during weekly group long runs on some of the best training routes and trails in southern California.
- If desired we'll shift you to a faster or slower group to maximize the support and comradery that will help you succeed in finishing your event.
- Two-way communication via training-log comments with tuning of online training calendar as needed.
- Additional access to coach via email and text.
- Monthly phone call/check-in initiated by the athlete.
- Form analysis (take a video of yourself running and send it to Coach Kevin for evaluation) to achieve a more efficient running form (a $100 value).
- Runner-specific stretching and strength training tips to help you develop more efficient running techniques and avoid injury.
- Cross training suggestions focused on greater speed and strength with lower impact and stress.
- Fueling and hydration recommendations for best training and racing.
- If required, injury referrals to a specialist in your area and modification of training regiment for rapid recovery and most effective maintenance of conditioning already attained.
SESSION START DATES
- Tune-up 5K with training partner BlacklistLA on September 2
- LA-area runs and remote coaching will begin the week of September 14
This program does not include registration fees for the great preparatory races we recommend you run in southern California (including BlacklistLA's 5K) or for the Women Run LA race itself.